Click the Link to Jump to Each Section
“Gathering and scattering to see the Kingdom come.”
We are a community of believers dedicated, in word and deed, to loving each other, the people of the Shoals, and the world through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our vision is to build spirit-filled disciples of Christ who gather to be energized by the gospel and scatter to share the good news with our local community and the world.
Through Biblical worship, teaching, and fellowship, Redeemer Church of the Shoals gathers under Biblical leadership to equip Spirit-filled believers to scatter, joining God in His work of multiplication and dominion in the Shoals Area and the world.
Redeemer Shoals desires to see its members unified as one Spirit-filled body, growing in maturity, loving one another, and following all Christ has commanded to see the Kingdom come.
Our Core Values answer the questions, “Who are we? Why are we doing what we are doing?”
All of our officers believe the Scriptures of the Old & New Testaments, as originally given, to be the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith & practice. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Reformed Theology – All of our officers adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith & Catechisms, as containing the system of doctrine taught in the Bible.
- Gospel of Grace – While being true to the Scripture is important, we have found that it is possible to teach the Bible without teaching the gospel. No matter what programs we may have or what activities we may be involved in, we want the good news of the gospel to permeate and drive all we do and say. (Romans 1:16-17)
- Priority of the Word – Preaching & Teaching are important to us because we have a high view of Scripture. (2 Timothy 4:1-2)
- Music- Music is important to God and important to us. (Psalms 49, 92, 101)
We have outlined a clear & accessible PATH for those who want to follow Jesus. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Pray and Read Scripture Every Day
- Attend Church on Sundays Ready to Worship God
- Take Time to be in a Community Group
- Have a Personal Ministry, which means to serve others well and tell them about what God has done in your own life.
We support and send out believers who are called and committed to full-time service both locally and around the world. (Matthew 28:18-20)
We are devoted to spending time with one another and helping each other do life. We admit we are broken and messed up, but that Jesus’ sacrifice and resurrection give us hope and power of transformation. We seek to be a place of healing by providing a place to be honest about our struggles and encourage each other to turn to Jesus when we need help.
We welcome everyone into our community and are willing to talk about all issues in our culture with an eye on what the Bible says.
We seek to help those who need spiritual and material help according to God’s word. We maintain a Deacon’s Fund through special offerings to help members of our church and others as deemed appropriate. (Proverbs 14:31 & 19:17; James 1:27 & 2:13-17; 1 John 3:17-18)
Jesus taught us to pray, lived a life of prayer and still intercedes for us. We believe a vibrant prayer life is essential in a growing relationship with God. We are committed to grow in our prayer lives, both personally and as a community. (Matthew 6:5-15, 7:7-12; Hebrews 7:25; Philippians 4:6; James 5:15))
We want to be used of God as He seeks those who do not yet know him. We believe we must be prepared by knowing God’s word and, like Jesus and his disciples, know how to engage conversation in culturally relevant ways. (Luke 19:10)
We are committed to equipping our members for service in the church, community, and world, by helping them discover the wonderful way God has designed them individually. We believe God gives each one of us a personality, temperament, talents, skills and spiritual gifts for the purpose of spreading his love and grace and bringing glory to himself.